Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication busted for underage drinking in pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpsmarts

im a ny resident. if i get cited for an underage violation (we're 18/19) in pa, what effect does that have on my status of driving in ny? the situation was as follows:

we were accused of having alcohol, at which point we said we would throw out the drink and the employees would let us leave the premises. then one of them decided to stop us and call the cops on us (shady eh?). anyway the cops came and got all the info from us and my bac was a .022, my friend had a .045 (hes from california), and the pa resident had a .03. we are due to set up a court date and stuff, and im not really worried about anything because its a first time offense for all of us. the thing i am worried about is my ability to drive in ny. any information on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

This might be a stupid question, but were you driving when you were approched by the police? I couldnt really tell from your story. If its not a DWI or DUI then it doesnt have an effect on your driving record at all, no matter what state you are in.

in response to KellyEdgar, i could be wrong but i thought in massachussettes and texas any kind of underadge drinking offense(driving or not) or criminal convection can prevent some one from getting there drivers license or having it suspended untill there 18 or 21.

My Kid Just Got A Ticket For Underaged Drinking

Hey - my not so bright 20 year old kid just received a summary offense ticket for underaged drinking at a concert in upstate PA (Washington Township). Any ideas as to the best way to handle it - and possible worse case penalities?

Thanks

Don Benn

DonBenn said:
Hey - my not so bright 20 year old kid just received a summary offense ticket for underaged drinking at a concert in upstate PA (Washington Township). Any ideas as to the best way to handle it - and possible worse case penalities?

Thanks

Don Benn

20 must be the magic age...that's how old mine is and we are going through the same thing...in Illinois. Court tomorrow so maybe I give you some more info then...good luck!

know the feeling

we were having a party at my apartment (i live in troy alabama) and the cops came in for a call about some streakers in the area. the cops came in without a warant and searched the house and everything and one of my friends had a litre of bacardi and another had a litre of vodka and they both got their license suspended for 3 months and 1 year probabtion and a 250 dollar fine. me, my roomie, and my cousin that was over at the time had some weed on us and we got busted for possession, its a bum deal and hate to say it but if your laws are the same or close to ours then you'll probably get 3 months suspended license and a bit of a fine. luckily this was our first offense and we were able to plead youthful offender. if i were you i would ask around about that beucause if you plead YO then it wont go on your permanent record. they seal your record and you dont have to tell employers or colleges when you fill out an application or try and get a government grant for school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back