Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse busted for posession of mdma, first time offender. please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelaniamas

Last night I made a huge mistake and got in trouble for the first time in my life. I got caught with 2 caps of MDMA (less that one gram, personal use) and spent the night in jail. They released me after a couple hours giving me a summons to appear in court in a month.

I am VERY nervous i do not want this to be on my record, I have a good job and do not want them finding about this. This is my first time getting arrested at 29 years old, i have no prior records or incidents (minus one speeding ticket 10 years ago)

How should I prepare for this?
The policemen were actually very courteous and eased me that i will probably be on probation for 6 months and maybe pay a fine ... they just insisted that i DONT MISS COURT (which i won't)

I really can't afford a lawyer of my own, when I go to the court next month should I ask them to appoint me one? What is the realistic likelihood of all of this.

Relax, the bell can't be unrung.
Appear in court, plead not guilty, ask for a public defender, admit to nothing, wait to meet with your public defender.
Probation is likely, but the stain will remain.
Don't worry about that now, just get through the court proceedings, and tell yourself, never again.
Doing right isn't hard, just promise yourself you'll never screw up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back