Consumer Law, Warranties Business accountable for HIRED outside installer installation issues?

Woodstock

An Oregon carpet retail store referred me to an installer they used. I signed a disclaimer that states, "They are not responsible for measuring, installation, delivery, and no party is entitled to legal costs related to the agreement". Installation damages arose from an installer they referred me to that was not licensed; neither bonded, or registered with my residing state, nor was the carpet store itself. A violation, fine punishable offense, for both the store, and the installer if I would have filed complaint within 2 years! This store intentionally gave me the run around so that the 2 year statute of limitations for my state would run out, and both installer and store avoided a violation and fine punishable offense. Even though I signed their bad disclaimer, is this STORE responsible for damages that arose from the installer they referred me to that was not registered with the state, giving me no recourse to go after the installer because the installer had no license, no bond, or insurance that I can go after? The company states, "They did not refer me to this installer, because they screen their installers thoroughly, and this installer was not on their list"! The installer no longer works for the store. IS THIS STORE LIABLE FOR REPLACEMENT COSTS OF THE CARPET, ATTORNEY FEES, AND FOR REIMBURSMENT OF THE INSTALLATION COSTS.

If the SOL has passed your SOL. But, you can discuss the matter with a couple,local attorneys. I'm sure if there is a way forward, the local attorneys will know how. The first meeting is normally at no charge. Don't procrastinate for two more years. See at least one attorney today, or call and inquire.

Back