Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion burglery of vehicle and not read maranda rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

law40177

i was arrested for burglery of a vehicle i dont know why i did this i have never done anything like this before and this is my first and only offense they said a range finder and wallet was taken they found them next to the vehicle and i was sitting away from the car i was really intoxicated but was not charged for booked for that reason i was not even read my maranda rights what all can happen to me and why do i have to wait so long for my court date almost a full year and im about to graduate college and this is going to ruin my life also my apartment is trying to evict me and my roomate but he had nothing to do with this is there anything that i can do please help me.

ok sorry I was arrested for burglary of a vehicle and i do not know what to do, what could happen to me. Also this is my first offense im a poor college student and i am tryign to find a lawyer that i can afford right now i know this will not hold up in court that my excuse was i was drunk wich i was but that is no excuse for my actions i have never done anything like this before do not know why i did it in the first place maybe bordem no clue. also the apartment is evicting me and my roomate now even thoguth he had nothing to do with it I am just lost on what to do go to the managment plead with them to let him stay work out a deal or somthing and hope for the best with the court please help and im trying to stay calm but i just cannot get this off of my mind i cant bealive i did this its not like me. also what can happen if i was never read my maranda rights. thank you

If you think the Miranda ruling will save you it wont. Were you questioned at all at time of arrest? If not then Miranda means nothing. If you were questioned after custodial arrest without Moranda warnning anything you say cannot be used in court. However I suspect they have plenty of evidence without any statements from you. Keep in mind your intoxicated state as well. Its possible you confessed long before Police could even open their mouths to issue Moranda warnning

As you are a college student, the university/college may offer free legal help. Contact people at your school to see if there is a group set up to give free legal help to enrolled students. I know this is true at the University where I used to work.

Oh, and as you were drunk when all this happened, you may wish to attend some AA meetings, and get a "sign in sheet" while at the meeting to document your attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back