Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Burglary with the intent to cause damage..

Status
Not open for further replies.

september2010

Okay.. I'm 20 years old and I was involved with a man who is 15 years older than me. He always treated me horribly but it got a lot worse most recently. I found out that I was pregnant for the first time in my life and when confronted with this news, he immediately made it clear that he does not want a child with me and that having an abortion would be the best option because he would never love me or the child. He invited me over to his house the night I told him and the whole night he just abused me, verbally and dragging me along the floor etc. The next morning he said that he is not going to support me either decision i make and that our relationship is over and i should leave him alone. i didnt know how to deal with this and went downhill emotionally, very quickly. i have suffered from depression for 7 years and made an attempt on my life july 2009. anyway, i tried to call him numerous times after this and he would not answer one of my calls, although i begged for him to not leave me to cope with this on my own, i was so scared. he wouldnt answer, so i went to his house, and i did something very stupid indeed. i smashed the window, i climbed in and i destroyed his tv in his bedroom, his laptop, and his flatscreen tv in the front room. i climbed back out of the broken window. he made a report to the police as i stupidly admitted it in a text message to him. the police contacted me about 2 weeks later saying that i need to attend the police station for burglary. i was so very scared, but i went, and i was charged with burglary with the intent to cause damage. 4 days after i'd committed this crime, i had an abortion, and i completely crumbled to pieces. i went through it on my own, completely. the day after i'd committed the crime i went to walk in front of a train and the police were called and i was taken to the hospital to be assessed. i have to appear in the magistrates' court in 10 days and i am so scared there are no words. i really really dont want to go to jail because i didnt commit the crime in a malicious way, i was very emotionally frustrated, and i had trouble dealing with the situation i was in. i just want to know what anybody thinks my possible sentence will be, and truthfully. i'm very scared but i need to know what to expect so that i can prepare myself. thank you in advance..x p.s this is my first offence. x

Last edited:
All you need to do now is shut up about everything.
The pregnancy isn't relevant in this case.
The alleged abuse isn't relevant in this case.
The age difference isn't relevant in this case.

So, what is?

The state must prove who did what and when.
Text messages alone won't help them.
Your admissions to the police could help them.

So, go to all scheduled court sessions.
Ask the court to appoint a lawyer, or hire your own.
Do not admit to anyone, that you did anything.
Deny, deny, deny; plead not guilty.
Stay away from this man.
Do not communicate with this man.
Follow the advice of your lawyer.

If you're convicted, you won't go to prison, if you stay out of further trouble.
You'll likely get probation, if you're convicted.

Okay, thank you so much for your advice. At the end of the day, of course I understand that what I did was wrong. I guess I just needed to provide all of the facts in order for someone to be able to give me an answer as accurate as possible, and you did precisely that, so thanks a lot xx

Okay, thank you so much for your advice. At the end of the day, of course I understand that what I did was wrong. I guess I just needed to provide all of the facts in order for someone to be able to give me an answer as accurate as possible, and you did precisely that, so thanks a lot xx

You have been ACCUSED of committing a crime.

No one has PROVEN that you did anything.

At the moment, what they are saying about you amounts to nothing more than ALLEGATIONS.

You are INNOCENT until proven guilty in a court of law.

You have done nothing.

Don't help the state put the rope around your neck.

Okay right, look, i'm going to be completely honest with you:

I stopped taking my medication shortly before i found out that i was pregnant, and i know that i shouldnt have, now, looking back, but i did, and i cant take it back.

since i stopped taking my meds i've been highly emotional and too honest for my own good.

when i was arrested the officer told me there was no point in getting a duty solicitor because they have forensic evidence that it was me who entered the premises (blood dna) and text messages that i sent to my ex's phone after the crime was committed, saying that i'm very sorry and that i hate myself for committing such an evil deed.

i basically dropped myself in it.

so at the police station, i didnt have a representative and in interview, i confessed to everything that i did. i know that its stupid and please dont remind me because i know and i regret it deeply now.

so, in terms of court, when i stand up there, i HAVE to tell the truth, because i've already done so in interview and all they will do is show the interview tape and that's it, i'm f***ed.

i know that i'm a complete idiot and that i deserve everything that i get but like i said i'm absolutely petrified of going to jail, i dont care about the criminal record, its just jail.

i know that the mitigating circumstances will count for nothing in court but i'm now wondering, what do i do? do i retract my statement and tell them i was lying? or do i go with the flow and carry on telling the truth? xx

The truth is highly overrated.
The truth is something for one and their God.

You need a lawyer.
It doesn't matter what the cop told you.
It isn't over until you're convicted.

There are many ways a lawyer can help you.

Hire your own, or ask the court to appoint one to represent you.

DNA takes weeks to determine.

The cop tricked you.

They may have had blood, so what?

It was the blood left over from the frequent beatings he gave you!!!

Get a lawyer, ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back