Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Burglary of a Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I track down who the DA is that would be handling the case. Do I let him know that he has been sitting in there for 5 days now, and that they are just now filing charges against him? Where do I begin my search to find the DA?

What exactly am I looking for. Is it one DA for each county or city? I live in Fort Worth, Texas which is in Tarrant County. Am I looking for the DA in Fort Worth, or in Tarrant County?

You will find the District Attorney in your county listings. Just contact the office and they can direct you to the right person. There is one District Attorney and several deputy DA's. Just explain what is going on and what your concerns are nad make sure they know how long he has been locked up and that the police have just now submitted the case to them.
I am willing to bet that he is being held legitimately and you just haven't been able to explain the full circumstances, but if he actually has been in custody this long, has not seen an attorney, and the case has just gotten to the DA, then something is terribly wrong.

Since I can't afford to get him a private attorney, which is what I know he needs. Is there a way to contact the court appointed lawyer? I know most of the time they suck, and really do nothing to help the people who really need them! Do you just get whichever one they assign you, or do you have a choice? Is there a way for me to contact them? I just want to give him the best options out there! I really appreciate all of the help that you have given me. Thank you so very much!!

You need to talk to the DA's office.

The jail should be able to tell you when he is due in court again. He will have the opportunity to ask for a court appointed attorney when he goes to court.

Again, chances are that he is being held legitimately.

Actually, the Sheriff's office, in most places, is in charge of the jails, and that is whom you should call.

Although, it may be the DA. Just my experience is that it's usually the Sheriff.

I'm not looking to get him out of this, because I know it's something that has to work itself out so to speak. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect to prepare myself. If a Class B Misdemeanor means confinement up to 180 days, will he serve 6 months for both charges? Or will it be a year for both done seperately? Could a past record cause him to serve more time than the usual sentence for this type of offense?

Yes the Tarrant County Sheriff's Department is over the County Jail, which is where he is currently being held. I assume he will sit there until the DA decides whether or not to prosecute the case. From what the detective who filed charges against him told me, it's up to the DA to go ahead with it, or let him go. How long could a decision like that take? If he is taken to court, convicted, and sentenced, where would he serve this sentence at? I know felony means prison, and I believe misdemeanor means state jail. Where do you serve state jail time at?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back