Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Burglary of a habitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwed1

I have a problem and was wondering if anyone has any advice. I am being charged with burglary of habitaion. The alleged burglary didnt happen. I went to this girls house who was having an affair with my husband and we got into a fight on her front porch. I called her OUT, and she opened the door and came out. And she pressed charges on me. This is my first offense and there is no charge for assault, only burglary. Can they convict me with just her word? This is a fake charge and a felony. i dont know what to do.

Can you afford a lawyer, if so, get one. If not, have your Public Defender get a deposition from her, giving her side of the story. hopefully, in her statement, she will say she came outside to confront you, in which case, no burglary will have been comitted. you didn't mention your home state, so I can't research the law for you, but here in Florida it's called burglary of a dwelling, and is only proven if any part of you or any instrument you are in posession of, enters or remains in a dwelling without prior consent. you mentioned you were on her porch, if it was attached to the house, enclosed, or anything else, then yes, it is technically a burglary, however, if it was not an enclosed are (ie: screened in, etc.), and merely a porch with a roof, no sides or independant doors/access, then its at most trespassing. Finally, in most cases, burglary is usually a charge with other detailed charges. burglary is the act of entering something in order to commit a felonious act. Like theft, murder, rape, assault, etc. If there was no intent to commit any other act, then the act of burglary was not properly defined. i would recommend just hiring a lawyer. Let God take care of your innocence, which I am sure you are......good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back