Bunk auto loan.. Need help

tessb411

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
To whom it may concern:

My husband and I in September of 2012 went to Chino Federal Credit Union in Silver City, NM to get an auto loan. We got approved for a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. The amount financed was $7,916.60 with a 13.540% fixed interest rate $2,421.17. We also added life and disability insurance to our loan for $601.64 with a total of $10,939.41. Chino Federal in 2015 merged with First Financial Credit Union out of Albuquerque, NM. In February of 2016 I noticed that my balance was very wrong and on my account statement said I owed $4498 left when I should have owed around $2000 left. They also keep adding the insurance every month to my loan even after its included in the contract. I first went to the branch in Deming, NM where the loan officer didn't know why my loan balance was wrong and forwarded me to the corporate office. I got in touch with them for several weeks with promises of a call back on why my account balance was incorrect other then I had over $2000 in "late fees." I finally had enough and called and demanded to speak to someone. I got in touch with Ashley and told her my issues. She assured that she would fix them. She sent me an amortization of my loan if it had been paid on time. (Which was not even correct) She also sent some other paper that I don't understand but it states in 24 months I had only made 12 payments which I have proof of more. The only time I had been late was in December of 2012 when my loan officer told me I could skip my payment for that month but I couldn't after I had already did it. She had been fired right after I got my loan for fraud. The bank let me be late for over a year before anyone ever said I was late. They set me up for failure from the first few months. In February 2013 my vehicle was repossessed for lack of payment which was my fault. My husband went the same day and paid it in full caught all payments up and the repossession fees. First Financial says I have not paid those fees to date and other late fees. I know I have because I went in with my tax return and made a payment of $720. Ashley said my loan is currently 14 months behind and a new maturity date of 01/15/2018 after I never consented to having my loan extended. After Ashley sent the bunk documents my husband called Ray at the Silver City branch. He is the finance manager there when it was Chino Federal as well. He informed my husband that the system "FEDCOM" in which documents of all payments were made for anyone was deleted when the merge happened because it happened on bad terms. My husband requested copies of all deposit slips on March 3, 2016. We have since to hear anything back. The only supporting documentation I have is my credit report of the payments I have made between Oct 13 till Apr 14 which I paid $5289 and from Jun 15-Dec 15 since they didn't report in May. Also they didn't report for some months. I believe they know what they are doing is wrong because I am not late and if I was 14 months behind they would have repossessed instead of extending a contract. I know they are breaching the contract by adding more months and money to it. I am currently in the process of getting a full credit report from the credit bureaus because I have always paid in cash and don't have receipts. I would just like to get this taken care of. I also went to a local Facebook page and asked if anyone else was having problems and many people are. This is an on going issue that nobody can seem to get sorted. I have every right to believe that are and have been committing fraud.

Update: I have since been in touch with Sarah Horton at the bank and she has stated that I did apparently sign another contract and has agreed to extending my loan which is a lie my husband and I never signed or consented to another contract. She also said my account is not behind 14 months and I am current. Sarah also said that when I got my truck reposed that I paid all fees in full. She also stated to me that banks don't have to report to your credit every month, which is also a lie. Sarah also said that her copy of the contract would look different from mine. Why? It should be my signed contract. She also said that my account had lots of "fees" that she could NOT explain to me. She stated they charge interest daily and my contract is for yearly at a certain rate. She could not show me in my contract where it said anything about that. She also said that my disability insurance changes price every month when in my contract it states $601 for the life of my loan and not by balance and also its included in my monthly payments and they keep adding it to the balance every month. This bank is nothing but a bunch of liars and we caught her in everyone of them.

You can hire a lawyer, if you believe this matter is that important to you.

There's NOTHING a law discussion forum can do to help YOU straighten out the loan mess that seems to be irking you.

You can also contact this state and/or federal agency that regulate credit unions:

http://www.rld.state.nm.us/financialinstitutions/

Rules and Regulations

I agree. You need a lawyer.

However, nobody has to tell you your payments are late. You knew what the due date was and you knew the date you made the payment.

Back