Corporate Law Brought in a large opportunity to my vendor and they passed info to competitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uhclem

A fortune 100 company who my company resells product for has a deal registration program for large opportunities. When you register a deal with them you will get an additional discount of 5% to 15%. The company who brings in the opportunity will have better cost than a competitor who is just quoting and not providing any value other than a low price. I recently registered an opportunity with them for a client for over $200k in product. My vendor denied my registration. A couple of days later, my client called me and told me a competitor (largest in the industry) called them to ask about their upcoming purchase. My client told me the sales rep for my competitor told him he received a lead from my vendor about the opportunity that I tried to register and was denied. I filed a complaint with my vendor and they are looking into it. In the meantime, I was told to re-register the opportunity. The customer is a State Agency and both my competitor and my company are on the same state contract for this vendor. I don't believe this is the first time this has happened to me with this vendor and competitor but this is the first time I have solid evidence. My questions are has there been a violation of state or federal laws by my vendor or competitor and is this worth pursuing in court for damages. Both vendor and competitor are from out of state.

What you call proof is merely suspicion, perhaps coincidence.

You're free to sue anyone, but violating a law has nothing to do with your potential lawsuit.

That said, consult an attorney in your county for additional guidance.

The initial meeting is free of charge, in most cases.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Actually I'm pretty sure I have proof. My customer sent me an email detailing is conversation with my competitor along with the name of the sales rep who called and the name of the person at the vendor who provided the lead to my competitor. When the competitor sales rep called he told my client who gave him the lead. I checked and the person who provided the lead to my competitor is directly involved in my vendors deal registration program.

Actually I'm pretty sure I have proof. My customer sent me an email detailing is conversation with my competitor along with the name of the sales rep who called and the name of the person at the vendor who provided the lead to my competitor. When the competitor sales rep called he told my client who gave him the lead. I checked and the person who provided the lead to my competitor is directly involved in my vendors deal registration program.

I gave you advice.

You are free to use it, or ignore it.

Either way, the matter can't be resolved on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back