Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Brother accussed of sexual abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearful4Real

:angryfireMy brother was accused of sexual abuse on my nephew by my nephew. My brother obviously denies the charges. My sister and I are really close and she has told me on several ocassions before my brother resided with her family that my nephew has been witnessed to be in inappropriate situations with his sisters. My nephew was between 5 and 8 when these things had occurred. At first, she was told when she requested professional counseling it just may be the age and exploring (but I don't think so). One particular time, my nephew had told my sister that a man at school showed him his penis in the boys' bathroom. My sister asked, what man? My nephew replied the man who talks like me. This was never looked into. Nor was any other questionable situation. My brother is now serving prison time and refuses to admit to doing something that he didn't do. They hit him with the book hard and he still hasn't faltered. I don't feel my sister, as much as I love both of my siblings, followed through carefully or responsibly. Now, my nephew "alters" his story or "forgets" exactly why his uncle is in jail. I don't believe he was coaxed to lie, and this is why:

When I was placed as a ward of the court in California, I was sexually abused but couldn't remember or "didn't know" who I was molested by. So, I accused those persons close to me. (Later I found out it was my father's friend, though I don't remember all the details).

I think he was scared and acted out with his sisters and couldn't remember who possibly abused him, so he may have accused the newest person to join the family (even after all these initial pervious problems occurred) or the one he felt closest too. I say this, like I said, from personal experience.

My brother now has to register as a sex offender. Is there anything he could do to fight this still while he's in jail or when he gets out? Does he have a leg to stand on or? Like I said, I don't think his case was properly investigated. Much thanks.

Last edited:
He has already been convicted? I assume so because you say he must register. He can appeal providing there are grounds for appeal. He will need an Attorney for that

He has already been convicted? I assume so because you say he must register. He can appeal providing there are grounds for appeal. He will need an Attorney for that
His attorney was appointed by the county the alleged act was performed in. His attorney seemed to have personal judgement on the matter beforehand because he told my brother that my brother was, excuse me, "screwed". He tried pushing my brother to sign a confession or to admit guilt to receive a lesser charge. But my brother was not going to confess to something he didn't do. I think he may have been convicted then. What would be the grounds for appeal?

He has already been convicted and he has a VERY slim window to appeal. there is probably nothing you can do and you are not an expert in the area. It is possible your brother did the crime, you really have no way of knowing. Yes he will have to register as a sex offender because he is technically a child molester. If he went to trial and did not take a plea then it is too late. Sadly, not many child molesters will ever admit to the crime anyways so investigators that are involved in these sex crimes against young kids really have a tough time determining what happened.

He has already been convicted and he has a VERY slim window to appeal. there is probably nothing you can do and you are not an expert in the area. It is possible your brother did the crime, you really have no way of knowing. Yes he will have to register as a sex offender because he is technically a child molester. If he went to trial and did not take a plea then it is too late. Sadly, not many child molesters will ever admit to the crime anyways so investigators that are involved in these sex crimes against young kids really have a tough time determining what happened.
What do you say then about the prior issues? And the man my nephew says was exposing himself to my nephew?

How does this change what your brother did or to better suit you what he was accussed and convicted of?
I didn't say it would change what he was accused of/convicted of. I'm not even saying my brother isn't guilty or is guilty. I simply don't know. I'm just wondering if the prior comments or concerns should have mattered? None of this was brought to the courts attention. My sister kept it private.

Last edited:
If you cant connect this to what your Brother is convicted of how do you expect us to? If you want to help your Brother than find an Atorney who works on appeals. Give him all the info and he can tell you if ther eis a case. Expect this to cost some money!:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back