Broken Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

de_novo

Back in May of last year (2008), I was working part-time at a retail store unloading freight trucks. While inside one of the trucks, i reached for a box to place on the conveyor belt. doing so, this caused other boxes to shift and when I turned around to grab another, a full box of spray paint fell from the top of the truck (around 8 feet up) and struck me in the face, breaking my nose. I then reported it to the company, went to the hospital, and then saw their workman's comp doctors. Overall, I used a lot of time from my full-time job to go to a plastic surgeon that they paid for and had to have minor non-invasive surgery to re-align my nose bones. Since the accident, I have strange nerve sensations that travel up my nose that I assume is nerve damage from the accident. The plastic surgeon said it would happen and then go away, yet it has not. Should I pursue a personal injury claim for my accident, or was the payment from the job's insurance enough and I should let it go? I want to feel normal again, yet feel as if I won't since it has been almost a year and it has not gone away. Statute of limitations in PA is 3 years from what i have been able to ascertain. Thanks in advance for the response(s).

I would suggest you talk to a medical malpractice attorney.

However, I suspect you have already signed all your rights away to compensation for that accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back