Brand New car out of service for 27 days as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiras25

New car out of service for 27 days as of today.
Do I have a lemon?

I leased a new electric car Fiat 500e which ran for 3 days. It had an electrical problem and has been at the dealer for 27 days now.

I want to enact the lemon law (replacement). It seems to be a battery problem that shorted other components as well. Components have been replaced. Now the entire battery shipped from Chrysler and replaced already. They are testing now.
1. the car faulted while it was parked. But if this occurred while I was on the freeway, it would be a great risk of injury or death.
2. It is nearing the 30day out of service period.

I have been given a rental car. I have requested reimbursement for gas, since the whole reason for my leasing an electric car was to able to save on gas. Now, I have both the lease payment as well as gas payment ($200 already). Fiat has not approved this. I called the Fiat and they do not agree to compensate me for the gas.

So 2 questions I have. do I have a Lemon and am I entitled to be reimbursed for the gas?

Thanks!

Here you go, "tiras25", the link to the official CA "Lemon Law" site:

http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon

Do your research, eductae yourself, and pose questions to your government officials.

Ahh, democracy in action....

Hi May i know what is model years and different with another cars.

Why would the year and make matter? For the record, OP said it was a new car, and he even gave the manufacturer's name above. But, let's leave product names out of any discussions, please. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back