Parole, Probation Boyfriend violated probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctaylor24

My boyfriend got arrested for domestic battery 4 years ago and never saw his probation officer. He never went because he didn't have a job or place to live after getting out of jail and couldn't afford to pay. Now he has a great job and had been thinking of turning himself in when we could afford it but unfortunately the cops found him first. He got arrested last week for Violation of probation (misdemeanor). I have called the public defender and they have not returned my call. Nobody can really tell me anything but he seems to think the maximum sentence could be 90 days in jail and probation when he gets out. I really don't want him to go to jail that long and his court date is not for 3 more weeks. He is not eligible for bond at this time which means hes missing work and we can't afford our bills. My question is what is the likely sentence he will receive. Is there anything I could do to help him get reinstated instead of serve time in jail where he can't even work? Will the fact that he stayed out of trouble help the situation or make it worse because he never took care of it? I can't get any answers from anybody and I definitely can't afford an attorney. Thanks for reading. Please reply if you know anything about this. Thanks, Christi

In what state and county?
What was his original maximum sentence he faced if convicted?
What was his eventual sentence?

Before even seeing you answer, sentencing guidelines vary from county to county, from one judge to another, prosecutor's recommendation, probation officers report.......and many factors. I can't say much to guess his penalty or potential sentence. In most cases he would be giving a time out in jail, maybe 30days(since his current charge is a misdemeanor) or time served given he is currently in custody. He would then be released and put back on probation. He would definitely do some time since he has been on the run for 4 years before being caught.

Vop

The state is Florida and the county is Duval. His original sentence would have been 90 days and he got a years probation. Thank you very much for replying. I can prove now that he is more responsible, has a good job, etc. I just am not sure who to talk to and how to go about it since we cannot afford a private attorney. Do public attorneys help with these kind of things? I still cannot get in contact with his PD but I was told that he was appointed one and he got transferred. The new one just started so I can understand if he has a bunch of work and is trying to catch up. Also I don't know if this helps but his judge is Judge Ronald Higbee. Thank you for the responses. I will do everything in my power to help. Christi

If he has not been able to meet with his Public defender by the date of his appearance, he should plead not guilty and a new one would be appointed. You just have to stay calm and work with the court appointed attorney. He would give you the best scenario on how to proceed. You just can't get him out now ..............he has proven to be a flight risk. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back