Boyfriend trying to keep me out of my own house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessiedee

Florida- I don't know exactly where I should put this. I've lived with my boyfriend over a year. Recently while up in Ohio for the holidays we broke up. He put me on a plane back to Florida and took my key. My name is not on the lease of the apartment and his mom pays the rent but I get all my mail and bills sent there. I have ALL of my clothing and belongings in there. I have lived there full time with my pets and him for over a year. He doesn't get back for another week and I need at least some of my stuff. My friend(cop) said I can legally break a window because I'm locked out of my home, but I would rather just get a locksmith to open the door. Every time I say I'm going to get my stuff, he says he has people watching the house and if I go anywhere near the house I'm going to get sued. I don't plan on taking or destroying any of his things, Just what belongs to me. Can he sue me? Am I allowed to go get my belongings? Am I allowed to still live there even since its my home?

You can call the police to see if they will help you access the house. It sounds to me you are still a tenant there but you have to prove to the police you have a legal right to access the property.

If you cannot gain access to the property, you can sue him in court for the vlaue of your belongings.

You may need to file an action, and provide PROOF! You'd get a big bunch of nothing from me. Sounds like a fishing trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back