Boyfriend Owner of Property

L

LSUgirlsROCK

Jurisdiction
Florida
My boyfriend asked me move 396 miles and live with him. He said he would pay all my personal bills (only 2) until I found a job. Which I did quickly- Was working about 40-70 hours a week as a Manager at a Restoration Construction Company. About four months into job- my BF got sick (later determined Lung Cancer)- we came to a second agreement he would take care of me (bills, personal items etc) which he has done in exchange I took care of him, his medical, his billing, his insurance, research for clinical trials, . He wrote a letter for something I needed stating our original agreement and then our new agreement, basically everything to get his treatment to everything in the house, (cooking cleaning etc.) this has been in place since Jan 1 2015 (his doctor signed a statement of care stating he needed care/assistance etc)Fast forward to now and its all changing. He is not going to get better, he is mad, moody, a tormentor- he now has decided he wants me to move out. (I have no money, no savings, no way to support myself much less pay for a place to live)I know in Florida he can give me a three day notice then when I don't move he can begin the eviction process. How long doe this take, how much will it cost him, what are my rights if any? I am also his health designation with hospitals, he has no will and I doubt his sister, daughter and step daughter have any clue as to his wishes because he refuses to talk to any them, however, I know. Give me the bottom line as far as what rights do I have?

You have no rights with him, except your natural human and legal rights.

Those papers you and he signed, WORTHLESS pieces of nothing.

The guy is dying.
Imagine if you were dying.
I bet you'd be grumpy, too.
Cancer is no joke.
If you ever get any kind of cancer, you'll have a tad more compassion.
Bottom line, leave, you're no longer wanted.
The guy wants to die in peace, ALONE.
You, on the other hand, want to live.
Do the right thing, the compassionate thing, honor the wishes of a dying person.

You'll be a dying person yourself, one day, right?

The cancer and/or the meds will affect his behavior. You don't have any legal rights to stay if he doesn't want you there. If you can't work it out with him talk to his doctor about arranging some other type of care for him.

So a year ago you gave up your job to become his personal nurse and housekeeper. You can do that of course, but it does leave you at his mercy. He owes you nothing legally, and you owe him nothing legally. The beauty and beast of not being married. I'd suggest finding a job and place to live. You really don't want it to come down to a court ordered eviction.

As for what you do as far as his wishes are concerned, that is up to you. You don't mention if he is totally incapacitated or incapable of self-care. You know the situation with his family better than we do, and if contacting them is an option.

Back