Consumer Law, Warranties Bought a couch that doesn't fit please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

livefortruth

I bought a couch today from a store that was is going out of business. When I got home i realized that my apartment door is too narrow to get my new couch in. I paid for the couch today on my credit card but I am not picking it up until tomorrow morning. My bill of sale says that all sales are final but i did not accept delivery of the item yet since i have not picked it up from the store. Is it legal for me to get a refund since i never actually picked up the item?

Doubt it. Picked up or not, you bought it and paid for it, and the sale is complete. They're just storing it for you for a day.

Non-legal suggestion: I had a tough time getting my new bed into my place. I ended up sawing through the sides of the box spring so it could bend in the middle, squeezing it through the door, then joining it back together with a couple of steel plates.

I agree with dee_dub, both with the law and the couch, lol! I had to take off the bottom legs of my GORGEOUS chili red leather living room couch that, I too, bought at a going out of business sale. It's so nice I'd sleep on it in the hallway if I had to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back