Borrowing Car parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmx12983

Hi, I purchased a car from a guy in PA and he was unable to produce the right wheels and tires for the car. So he let me borrow his wheels and tires that were on the car. I said I would send them back when I was able to purchase wheels my self. While I have had them the one tire had a nail in it and wouldnt hold air. and also another blew out due to dry rotting. These again are his rims and tires that he let me borrow. Nothing written on paper. He now is threatening me to take me to court because i wont blow 200 bucks to ship them to him to PA right away when my friend is headed that way in 2 weeks and he can drop them off. He also claims to say that I am liable for the damages done when i borrowed them and the damage occurred because of the condition of His tires. Am I liable to pay the damages to the wheels? and what would happen if he attempted to Sue me in small claims court?

As far as I see it the wheels belong to you and were part of the purchase of the vehicle.
I don't believe you owe him anything.
He won't get into court before what is left of the wheels is returned in two weeks. Even then his complaint would fall flat for a number of reasons the main one being that the sale of the car is "as is", and it came equipped with four wheels.
They are your wheels, not his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back