Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial Bond Forfeiture

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelama

In 2003, I was arrested for marijuana possession while working in Georgia ( I live in New York ). It was bosses weed and he told me he would take care of a lawyer and fines for me. Several years later, at the NY DMV i was told I could not renew my license because of an outstanding ticket in Georgia. I have been putting this off for a long time now and need to resolve the situation. It would be almost impossible for me to travel to Georgia to take care of this matter. I have the monetary resources to spend about anything to resolve this. Can anyone help?

In 2003, I was arrested for marijuana possession while working in Georgia ( I live in New York ). It was bosses weed and he told me he would take care of a lawyer and fines for me. Several years later, at the NY DMV i was told I could not renew my license because of an outstanding ticket in Georgia. I have been putting this off for a long time now and need to resolve the situation. It would be almost impossible for me to travel to Georgia to take care of this matter. I have the monetary resources to spend about anything to resolve this. Can anyone help?

At the time, Did you go to court for this or did you miss the court dates?

Thanks for responding so quickly. I missed the court dates.
Thanks for responding. Here is the whole story. On June 23, 2003, I was working for a moving company out of Utica, NY. I was working with the owner's son and we were delivering an expensive piano to the Atlanta, GA area. We were pulled over and both of us were charged with possession of marijuana. I had just graduated with my bachelor's degree from the State University of New York and was waiting to start a new job. I could not make the court date because it interfered with my new job. I also could not afford to pay a lawyer or fines at the time. The company owner admitted it was his son's fault, (it was his marijuana) and offered to pay my fines. He told me numerous times that the situation had been resolved. In 2006, when I had to renew my NY driver's license I learned that I was still in trouble for the incident in Georgia. I looked into it a little, but quickly became discouraged and gave up. Since I work close to my house, I have been walking to work for the last 4 years. I have had the same job for 5 years now and would like to start a family. I need to resolve this situation as soon as possible. It would be very, very hard for me to get to Georgia because I do not have a driver's license or the ability to take time off from work. I have done numerous online searches to see if I have a warrant. Everything comes up negative but I do not believe it.

could not renew my license because of an outstanding ticket in Georgia.

Your story is still a little unclear. I surmise that the marijuana charge was perhaps negated by your boss. Yet, the initial traffic charge was left unpaid. If indeed the situation is as simple as that all you need do is pay the traffic ticket fine. No need to drive to Georgia for that.

Contact the court in the county you received the ticket.

Ask them how much you owe.

Send them a money order to clear the charges.

However, you might be required to personally appear.

If so, get a ticket on the midnight train to Georgia!!!

But, first call the court and inquire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back