Bogus Speed Contest Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

nejizofa

Hello, I am a new member and don't really know how this forum works but I was at the movie theater last week and I squealed my tires in the parking lot. I never went above five miles an hour and I wasn't racing anyone... but a cop was there in the parking lot and stopped me after I had parked and gave me a "Speed contest" ticket with a date to appear in court. I don't believe that i did anything wrong as there is not a speed limit in that parking lot and I never went above five miles an hour anyway. Is there a law that says that you can't squeal your tires? And what chance to I have if I dispute this ticket? I have never gotten a ticket before and this one will hurt my insurance prices greatly.

Any advice that you may give will be greatly appriciated.

Also I gave the cop the wrong registration on accident to a car that I haven't owned for more than a year and he told me that it was the wrong one but said that I didn't need to show him the one for my car. Basically I feel like he was just out to give me a ticket.

thanks again

nejizofa said:
Hello, I am a new member and don't really know how this forum works but I was at the movie theater last week and I squealed my tires in the parking lot. I never went above five miles an hour and I wasn't racing anyone... but a cop was there in the parking lot and stopped me after I had parked and gave me a "Speed contest" ticket with a date to appear in court. I don't believe that i did anything wrong as there is not a speed limit in that parking lot and I never went above five miles an hour anyway. Is there a law that says that you can't squeal your tires? And what chance to I have if I dispute this ticket? I have never gotten a ticket before and this one will hurt my insurance prices greatly.

Any advice that you may give will be greatly appriciated.

Also I gave the cop the wrong registration on accident to a car that I haven't owned for more than a year and he told me that it was the wrong one but said that I didn't need to show him the one for my car. Basically I feel like he was just out to give me a ticket.

thanks again

good luck man. i just got a speed contest too.

you weren't racing anyone, so you should contest it asking for a lesser sentence. since he was a jackass, he was gonna give you a ticket either way, but he gave you the wrong one. you should have gotten "exhibition of speed" or maybe "wreckless driving." california motor laws are absurd..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back