Boggled

DesperateHouseW

My husband and I are renting a house from my brother. There is no legal paperwork but we both pay half of the rent. We are working on getting separated and then a divorce. I keep telling him to leave but he wont. How do i get him to leave? My brother, of course will let me continue living in the house but I want my husband OUT! What do I do?

My husband and I are renting a house from my brother. There is no legal paperwork but we both pay half of the rent. We are working on getting separated and then a divorce. I keep telling him to leave but he wont. How do i get him to leave? My brother, of course will let me continue living in the house but I want my husband OUT! What do I do?

You can't cause your lawfully wedded husband to be evicted, unless you file for divorce and as part of the preliminary divorce action the judge orders him gone.
The other side of that coin, he can't cause you to be evicted, either, unless he requests the judge to order you gone.

Your brother can evict him, you, or both of you.
Evictions take time, normally 60 to 120 days before someone is ordered to leave.

Your best move, your quickest remedy would be to simply leave the house and leave the man that you will soon divorce alone in the house.

Back