Boat trailer

Redneckplumber

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I ordered an aluminum boat trailer though a vender. Before ordering information about the boat including pictures were sent from vendor to manufacturer. Vendor asked manufacturer if a certain model trailer could be set up for a small catamaran. The manufacturer said yes. The trail that was ordered is an aluminum I beam trailer. The first time they sent the trailer they did not even look at pictures because they set it up for a standard v hull boat. It was sent back this time they sent it back with the correct style bunks but still not set up correctly. The third time the trailer was sent back it came back as a galvanized tubular trailer not an Aluminum I beam. It was the same part # as the aluminum trailer put on the galvanized trailer. When questioned I was told they could not use the aluminum frame and was considerably more costly for them because they had to build a completely new trailer. I responded not my problem if they looked at info at start there wouldn't be this problem. Under the part number listed on trailer the description is for an aluminum I beam trailer which is obviously not what this trailer is . For a note galvanized trailers cost less than aluminum ones. So obviously I did not get what I ordered and paid for. What are my rights under the law?

Agreed. I would refuse delivery of the trailer and demand refund.
Or.... You might accept the galvanized trailer and a partial refund. You would have to negotiate the amount. If course, that is if the galvanized version is usable.

Back