Bike lock cut off by mall security

Status
Not open for further replies.

bike

Here is the story:

I decided to ride my bike to the theater to watch a movie in the mall. As i arrived to the theater i looked around for a place to leave my bike but could not find a bike area. I proceeded to lock my bike to the outdoor patio fence of a restaurant.

When i came out of the movies my bike was gone. I contacted security to inform them my bike had been stolen. He asked me if it was a black bike. When i replied yes he mentioned that security had cut the lock off since it was parked illegally.

I contacted mall management and explained the situation. They said they would not pay for my lock and that it was my fault for leaving my bike there since it was private property. Let me mention this mall is an outdoor type mall.

Is there anything i can do to get the mall to pay for my lock? It is not the cost of the lock that has me upset but the principe.

Thanks.

Adding to the previous post, if no designated parking area, just ride the bike back home, leave it there and drive yourself back to the mall so you can enjoy your movie without having to worry about where your belongings will be at the end of the session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back