Beverly Hills Gone Broke

DRN5

Jurisdiction
Nevada
I managed a Beverly Hills salon that opened in a Las Vegas Hotel 12 years ago. I opened a storage unit for this company approx. 4 years ago under the Business name but I am the primary. The hotel renegotiated terms to use the name only as of Dec. 31, 2015, and I now no longer work for this company as of March 1, 2015.

I emailed numerous times and asked to have my name removed from this unit in July. They did not do it and said they did not understand the big deal since they pay anyway with their Credit Card. I have sent them different suggestions and prices of shredding companies, Uhaul pricing to move their stuff, but they don't want to pay it.

I received a call from the Storage unit on Dec.1 st that their(the owners from BH) credit card did not go through. I contacted the owners and they responded back that it is between their new investor and the storage unit place if it will be paid. They have not responded since. I am frustrated because I have limited financial resources at this time but after the second call today from the unit I decided to pay it so it did not reflect on my credit. I cannot afford to shred 7 years of their financial documents or store 7 years of financial documents. I also do not want to break any PCI compliance rules by not shredding. I cannot get this unit out of my name unless I pay for everything and have their stuff cleared out.

The storage company is saying I cannot remove my name unless the company owners come and say they will transfer it and sign for it or remove all their stuff out of the storage unit to remove my name.

I am shocked after 11 years working for this company they are sticking me with their payment and figuring out what to do with their business documents. What am I obligated to do? Can I just toss everything in the dumpster vs shredding? Do I have to give them any additional notice that I am discarding their information? The storage facility provided me the opportunity to prorate the price, but I must be out Monday night. I don't have the room to store the items at my home.

Advice will be very much appreciated

Last edited:
Simply transfer ownership and responsibility of the unit to one of the current bigshots.

Take your name off of the storage unit immediately, and add the names of the person holding the credit card, along with the name, address, phone, etc.

Send a letter to the current bigshots notifying them that the little shot no longer will pay for their junk, and notifying them to contact the storage facility management.

Back