Assault & Battery Bench warrant for failure to appear while already on probation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inneed

Someone I know is currently on probation (stipulated order of continuance) for assaulting her boyfriend. It was a Malicious Mischeif 3 and assault 3/DV. Then, 5 month later, she was arrested and spent the night in jail for attacking her parents-DV3/Malicious Mischeif. Then, was cited for driving while suspended-which was a criminal offense-she caused an accident.

She skipped her pre trial hearing for the DV3. There is a bench warrant out for her arrest. I know where she is and I was told I could call the sheriff and they "May or may not choose to pick her up."

The Judge who ordered the Stipulated Order of Continuance is awaiting the outcome of the new DV charge before he decides to charge her with the violation. She has court on the 18th of this month for the violation(If she actually goes) But, because of the bench warrant for failure to appear at her pre trial hearing, along with the criminal traffic offense, will the judge likely revoke her probation and send her to jail? Will she go to jail if I call the Sheriff to have her picked up??

Also, would her having the warrant, along with the new charges be enough for me to get an emergency custody order for my young daughter? (An Ex Parte order)

Thank you.

We have a daughter together and she is the custodial parent and I am worried about my daughter.

I suggest you be there at her next court appearance.

If she brings the child, you might be allowed to take custody of the child, thereby avoiding state intervention.

In the interim, I suggest you retain an attorney.

The mother of your child appears to have some anger issues.

Your child's safety could be at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back