being wronged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetman

i went to the doctor for a routine examination to get my blood pressure, choleresteral and pain meds refilled. i told the doctor that i couldn't afford the test he wanted me to take. he told me to pee in a cup and took some blood. i thought was for diabetes and chlorestal test but when i got the lab bill which i didn't expect because i told him i couldn't afford the test, the invoice i recieved said i tested positive for Oxycodone !!! i haven't had oxycodone since 2005 when the hospital gave it to me after a car crash i was involved in. can i sue the doctor or the lab for defamation as this will cause me difficulty in the future. thank you

i went to the doctor for a routine examination to get my blood pressure, choleresteral and pain meds refilled. i told the doctor that i couldn't afford the test he wanted me to take. he told me to pee in a cup and took some blood. i thought was for diabetes and chlorestal test but when i got the lab bill which i didn't expect because i told him i couldn't afford the test, the invoice i recieved said i tested positive for Oxycodone !!! i haven't had oxycodone since 2005 when the hospital gave it to me after a car crash i was involved in. can i sue the doctor or the lab for defamation as this will cause me difficulty in the future. thank you

To whom did your doctor report the test results that would make you think it's defamation? If the test is wrong, then you should investigate and ask for a retest. As far as ordering the test, your doctor was acting responsibly if you wanted pain meds refilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back