Being Sued Over Stolen Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimlock97

Last November I bought a UTV from a friend and I sold it nine days later after advertising it in our News Paper here in Montgomery. A man came up and bought it for 8500, I paid 7500 for it, and the person I bought it from paid 6500. The man took it to get some items installed on it and the dealership had it reported as stolen from the main wearhouse. I do not have 8500 dollars to give this man his money back so his lawyer decided to sue me, even though I had no idea that it was stolen when I bought it and sold it. Am I responsible, or is the person that I bought it from responsible, considering in retrospect I think he knew it was stolen. Any help would be great.

First off this site is manned by volunteers not all the volunteers are Lawyers. Not all the Lawyers here work in your state or city. Of those Lawyers not all work in topic field. Last lawyers give legal advice for a fee did you expect them to give away what they could get paid for? Most important it is illegal to give legal advice without a license this includes licensed Attorneys but not licensed in your state! What we do here is give simple answer to help you understand laws. We also use simple search engines like google to find related statutes. many use past expeience to answer. bottom line your best advice comes from an Attorney you share an Attorney/Client relationship with. Not faceless people of unknown backgrounds and educations on internet message boards.

Last edited:
You said they are not lawyers in my state, therefore why would you say what you think they are going to give advice they could get paid for, i don't plan on paying anybody, and you might want to change all of the website instead of saying free legal advise, say free legal search on google, just come through us first, the answer get a lawyer is the worst answer you could give anybody, that's why no one likes lawyers because they are all money grubbing jackasses. Any answer other than get a lawyer, which I have seen as a response to several peoples problems on this site, is better. And besides what's so hard with saying, well your screwed your responisble, or you should be okay. Ta loca, get a lawyer, i tell you, that's what's wrong with this country today. Everyone's a smart ass.

I don't want anything for free, i just don't see the point in paying 200 dollars an hour for a service to the public. It's hard enough to afford the gas to get to the lawyers office

And on top of that you pay 200 bucks an hour for a lawyer to accompany you to court where the judge tells you anyways you have to pay the 10 grand on top of the lawyer fees and court costs

Then file a countersuit to be awarded your legal fees when you win. Your opponent has an Attorney you are foolish to try this on your own. You need an Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back