being sued for a computer program I wrote

johnsmith666

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I wrote a stock trading program and gave it to a friend of mine to use. We had no contract, written or verbal. It was designed to make $100 per day then quit. Apparently over time it lost him $30,000. Now I'm being sued in civil court for triple damages plus attorney fees. His dad is a lawyer and filed the suit on his behalf. How should I respond? I'm told the law does not protect suckers and guess what - he could have taken his money out of the program at anytime. What should I do? This seems like a completely frivolous lawsuit to me and grounds for disbarment due to the nepotism involved.

Your reply belongs in the department of worthless waste of time - why on earth would I come to this website if the advice I get is to "Either hire a lawyer to defend you".... really? Seriously that stupid? You actually took the time to type that to me? I came to this website to be told to go consult an attorney? Go get a life man - stop wasting my time with your drivel.

OK, let's try this.

File an answer to the complaint, engage in discovery, go to trial where the defendant will present his evidence and you present yours in rebuttal, get the judge or jury decision.

That help?

Back