Being Sued by Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

we0923

Hello my husband and I are being sued by our wedding photographer. To give some background, we hired her in 2006 for our wedding, and after that there was always a problem with something that she has done. At the wedding she asked us what pictures we wanted. My family and friends had to instruct her in what to do. Then, with our contract we were given a digital flip book (which is our pictures on a computer disk). She left off a complete group of pictures, the formal pictures that were taken at the church. We had to bring it to her attention, and wait for her to make the corrections. This leads to why we are being sued. We went to her house in 2007 in order to select pictures that we wanted printed.

First of all we never received an invoice or contract for the pictures, and she just took it upon herself to begin printing. We had to continually ask her how much they would be. We were under the impression that we would receive an invoice that way we could make payment arraingements. But never receivd one.

So she finally told us how much they woyuld cost, but at the time we did not have the money so we told her that we would purchase what we could, and the rest at a later time. Needles to say she was unhappy. But agreed. We then pay for the first set of pictures but did not received all of the pictures we paid for, and one of the pictures I was unhappy with. My husband told me not to worry about one of the pictures and to contact her about the picture that was left out. So I did, and she began to get nasty with me, telling me that I was insinuating that she would purpously not give us what we paid for. So I told her that I was not dealing with her anymore, that she would have to deal with my husband.

He began to corrispond with her, and by now we are not pleased at all. She begins to demand that we pay her ahd that we have a contract which we don't. We tell her that, and that we will only deal with her to be done with her, However, we tell her that we don't feel comfortable meeting at her house that we want to meet at a nuetral place my mothers home, but she refused, so we told her we didn't feel confortable with her mailing the pictures because each time weve'e had problems with her. She gets upset, and doesn't want to meet at a neutral place. We tell her that we are done. My question is can she sue us without a contract? (Sorry so long.)

Hi yes, no contract and you can be sued. There is no law that says people need to have contract to sue others. When she sues.. most likely to small court claim, the judge will decide, she will hear your side, and hers.

The case is very informal and u can wear informal clothes and it takes very little time. Before the case begins, the judge asks both of you to go outside for 10 minutes and see if you can come with a resolution, if not then the judge starts the case which doesn't take long at all.

If you don't like what the temp-judge you can request another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back