Being sued by Citibank - what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisiesUMD

I'm being sued by Citibank on a credit card for about $3,800. I have not paid them in about 18 months, due to financial difficulties while I was in school. I also have probably another $15,000 of credit card bills with the same situation, but I have not been sued on any of those (yet, ha ha). I might be able to make some small installments to Citibank now, but nothing like a lump sum payment. I've been scared to call them, because so many debt collectors have yelled at me in the past year. But now I need to do something. Can I stop this from going to court? What's the best way to handle this, please, any suggestions? Thank you. :)

I have not heard of them suing someone before. Usually they send it to collections where it ruins your credit for years. You might be able to try a "credit counseling agency". Make sure it's a non profit one and not one out to make money off of you. You can usually find them in the yellow pages. They might or might not be able to help.

that looks like a case for bankruptcy

Being sued? :eek: So, you have been with a complaint filed by Citibank in a court?

If not have not YET been sued and still have many offer opitions available to you. For example, agreeing to a payment plan and no further interest charged to the account.

Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back