1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Being Charged for Services Not Rendered

Discussion in 'Other Residential Landlord & Tenant Issues' started by Kmorya, May 23, 2019.

1. Kmorya

Kmorya Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Georgia
    I have been living in an apartment for 34 months; they have been charging a pest control fee every month but don't provide the service unless you request it. I found out through an email they sent all the tenants. I had assumed all this time they were spraying the apartment.
    Can they legally charge you for services not rendered? Can this be a class action lawsuit?

2. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

What does your lease say about the matter?
    Why did you assume they were spraying your apartment when you were never notified about the visits? That doesn't make sense.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

You might want to clarify with the landlord. It may be that the service is provided regularly outside, but you have to request any service inside the residence.
    You could make it a point to regularly request the service.
    If you think you are owed money for services not provided then you would be best off to unite with other tenants.
    Be careful when you rock the boat.

4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

Sure. And you can sue for breach if the service isn't delivered as agreed.

No. Why would you want it to be?

Concur.