1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

being charged for other services Rent, Utilities

Discussion in 'Living in, Use of the Premises' started by rsmokeless, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsmokeless

rsmokeless Law Topic Starter New Member

I moved into a complex where they have no formal billing practices. I am being charged through the real estate company garbage per month and water per month. I live in a big complex just outside of Spokane, WA and they have only 4 garbage recepticals for the whole apartment complex. There is approximately 70 units within the complex. As far as water is concerned, I am being charged by the real estate company for water for which they say that they get on how much we use from water meters. I have looked for these water meters and have come up with no such device. My question to you is can they charge me water, and the collection of garbage without a formal billing process, and evidence on how much water I actually use, rather than, I suspect, because that is how much they want to bill me for? I get no formal bill for either of these services, only by word from the real estate company.

2. Disabled Vet

Disabled Vet Active Member

What does your lease state?