Banning people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

Could an effort be made to contact a suspected spammer before banning the account?
I just had my account reinstated, and it appears spammers may be using the same range of IP Addresses as me on Verizon's cellular network.
3 or 4 of my important postings have disappeared as a result.

And Spammers: could you use some other network? Your activities are giving Verizon users a bad reputation around here.

And do you think a spammer is going to admit to being one? And if he doesn't, what purpose would contacting them serve?

You are saying that your "legit posts" were deleted when user was banned? I dont think that is way this site works as user is just banned and post normally remain unless a certain post contained spam and was removed. What was your other username?

I am using the same username as before.
What happened to the thread about filing a complaint against an attorney in CA?
Somebody started that thread and I replied to it, and the whole thread is gone.

And do you think a spammer is going to admit to being one? And if he doesn't, what purpose would contacting them serve?

If they don't reply, ban the account. Spammers use links/URLs in their postings. One way to stop spammers is to implement a 10-post rule. i.e. disallow posts containing links or URLs until the user has 10 (or more) valid postings in these forums.

No. The thread(s) that were deleted were from mid-december, not on or after 12/28/2012 when my account was reinstated.

1. Thread about filing a complaint against attorneys in California. Search for "Office of Trial Counsel" in your message base. It is gone. That thread was not started by me.

2. My message about my use of Tapatalk mobile app to read this forum, dated mid-December, not yesterday (which I posted again yesterday).

3. My message in the Law Schools forum.
In particular, an attorney in Los Angeles had helped an unemployed Law School graduate file a suit against the school. I inquired if such a suit is considered frivolous.

All those messages are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back