Banned from a Forum

What are my rights?

I assume you are referring to any rights with regard to being banned from a forum. Basically, none. A forum is private property. The owners determine the rules you must follow in order to be welcome here. This site does not have specific rules that say we kick you out if you do this or you don't do that so we expect you to comport yourself with restraint and common sense, just like somebody would when visiting somebody's home or business.

Those of us who have been appointed moderators have been give the authority by the owner to apply reasonable standards of decorum to the forums and take appropriate actions when posters get out of line.

We aren't likely to ban anybody for asking lame or trollish questions and we'll provide appropriate and reasonable responses to even those questions, even if those responses involve a bit of sarcasm or ribbing.

Posts and/or threads are subject to deletion when things start getting nasty. Outright banning from the forum isn't likely to happen unless the nastiness is repeated and egregious.

Bottom line, I guess there is only one rule: Behave yourself and you get to stay.

Last edited:
Our beloved site owner is a very patient, calm, kind, considerate man.

Back