Personal Bankruptcy bankrupty

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgee

i have several questions in reguards to what to do. i have a bad credit history. The last couple of months I have been debating weither or not to file for bankrupty at all. But now i am enaged to someone that has a very good credit history. I guess my question mainly is. Will i mess up his credit if we decide to go ahead and get married? Will it be better to wait and file for bankrupty? I am at lost on what to do.

Credit history is an individual's or entity's debt history and timeliness of payments. Your marrying someone will not affect them directly if you do not have common accounts. If your spouse is applying for something, e.g. a mobile phone, only that person's credit history is pulled. Your credit history might come into play with joint applications -- for example, if you are both applying for a car loan or mortgage, your credit history would be considered as well. What you want to do is discuss this matter with someone who is an expert in the area to decide on your options such as which chapter to file. The chapter used will determine the length of time that you may have a bankruptcy appear on your credit report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back