Personal Bankruptcy bankruptcy -do i need an attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolfindave

I would like to know if your filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy with it just being secured and unsecured debt no home or auto involved can i do it myself and does the judge look at you any differently that you don't have an attorney and would be less likely to rule in my favor? Amount of debt is approximately 10'000 i do not have the means to pay these debts or to pay $1000. for an attorney to represent me.The other question i have is i do own a car and have been paying on it for 4 years i am always late on my payment but do pay it i do need a car and am not adding it in to my bankruptcy i have alot of milage on it and the payment is very high i owe about 3'000 more can i do anything with the car without losing it through bankruptcy to lower the payment or pay off what the car is worth? It is a struggle to come up with the payment every month.

dolfindave said:
I would like to know if your filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy with it just being secured and unsecured debt no home or auto involved can i do it myself and does the judge look at you any differently that you don't have an attorney and would be less likely to rule in my favor? Amount of debt is approximately 10'000 i do not have the means to pay these debts or to pay $1000. for an attorney to represent me.The other question i have is i do own a car and have been paying on it for 4 years i am always late on my payment but do pay it i do need a car and am not adding it in to my bankruptcy i have alot of milage on it and the payment is very high i owe about 3'000 more can i do anything with the car without losing it through bankruptcy to lower the payment or pay off what the car is worth? It is a struggle to come up with the payment every month.
To begin, remember that everyone who comes into Bankruptcy Court is supposedly "broke" and needs serious help. You may want to speak to an attorney for advice on what to file and what would be better for you moving forward. There are some large differences between the types of bankruptcy protection you might seek and choosing the right one can be critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back