Personal Bankruptcy Bankruptcy and Family payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart7379

Hi guys
I've struggled with debt for many many years, after speaking to Stepchange and a number of other debt help agencies I'm advised to declare bankruptcy. Or enter into an IVA

Out of the 2 options I want to put an end to my problems and declare Bankruptcy, I feel an IVA will just drag my problems on and only takes a missed payment that results in my debts coming back. One issue I need clarification on is I currently send money to parents weekly, would the official receiver or Adjudicator see this as an unnecessary payment and order this to be stopped.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Mart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I think I have posted this in a US forum? My assistance in required in the UK

Sorry I think I have posted this in a US forum? My assistance in required in the UK

Yes, you posted in a US forum. US and UK bankruptcies are significantly different, so we'll be unable to help you with this. I suggest you seek out a solicitor near you who handles bankruptcy to answer the questions you have about your particular situation. That will be the best source of information for you.

Yes, you posted in a US forum. US and UK bankruptcies are significantly different, so we'll be unable to help you with this. I suggest you seek out a solicitor near you who handles bankruptcy to answer the questions you have about your particular situation. That will be the best source of information for you.

My apologies I was trying to find a Uk forum, this group popped up and automatically posted my question, I then realised it was likely to be a USA forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back