Personal Bankruptcy Bankruptcy Advice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreym03

I am a bartender and I am filing for bankruptcy. My income is solely based on my tips. My employer only claims 8% of my food and beverage sales on my check. Sometimes I absolutely bring home more then that. Now sometimes I am working with other employees and split my tips with them so on thoses I feel that the 8% could be justified. My question is should I file with the 8% shown on my paper trial or should I try to claim more then my employer shows? Also what will happen if the board of trustees thinks the 8% is not enough if it is filed that way? Everyone tells me I should go with what is proven on paper but I need someone to tell me that has knowledge in this field. Thank you for you time.

Use what you can prove.
If you have proof of more, report it.
For heavens sake, I don't know why you'd want to report it!

thanks for the response about my bankruptcy queston. I have one follow up that hopefully you might have some insight on.

do you think the board of trustees will investigate my income solely based on my 8% claim? Or will they simply look at the paperwork as is? My fear is that they will think I am lying about my imcome and deny my claim or worst get the people I work for into trouble. Could I go to jail for that?

If your situation is that complicated that you could end up in prison, you need an attorney.

I don't know who the mysterious board of trustee's are.

thanks for the response about my bankruptcy queston. I have one follow up that hopefully you might have some insight on.

do you think the board of trustees will investigate my income solely based on my 8% claim? Or will they simply look at the paperwork as is? My fear is that they will think I am lying about my imcome and deny my claim or worst get the people I work for into trouble. Could I go to jail for that?

Dont know if this is too old, but....

I dont think you have anything to worry about. 1. How will the Trustee know what 8% of your sales are? 2. Doesn't you employee already figure in the 8% into your hourly rate, deducted from the check? 3. Dont move money around; dont have bank account states that say in the two prior months (of the 6 months provided) a lot of the money has been leaving the accounts. 4. If your bank account shows an astronomical difference between what your Federal returns say, then it could cause some concern.

Lastly, are you filing or having an attorney do it for you? If having an attorney, which IS always recommended, then ask him/her these questions based on your presented materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back