bankrupcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvolpone

some one help please.i had borrowed 14000.00 dollars from my sister for a down payment on a house in aug of 2005.with me paying her back from the share of the sale of my fathers house,who had passed that june.in oct of same year we filed for bankrupcy,when filling out the papers i told my lawer we asked if i had any inherintence i told them about my dads house and that i would not be getting that much because of the money i owed my sister.so they put in a 10000.00 excemtion,because at the time we figured the house would sell for about 150000.00.the house was still not sold when we went to our bankrupcy hearing. itold the trustee at the hearing the same story.well the bankrupcy discharged in jan of 2006,and now the trustee is trying to sue my sister for the 14000.00 saying it was fraund,also he is sueing my brother who at lent us 3500.00 to keep our house from going to forclousre,and that loan was well after the bankrupcy had already discharged.my fathers house was finally sold.in aug 2006.my question is can he do this and what can i do to stop him.my brother and sister did nothing wrong,oh also my lawyer will not return my phone calls please help thank you . bill volpone

Look at your states statutes, see if you can file a homestead declaration. It may be to late, it may not be.

Something sounds very wrong with what this trustee is trying to do. Hope you find someone to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back