Banking Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickmedical

I recently sent out all of my bills and post-marked my checks for the due dates on them. The companies then sent my post-marked checks through prior to the date on the checks. I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to reverse my $300 bank fees. I get a government check every month that is post-marked and I CANNOT cash it until the date on this check! It seems as though that bank does not care about my date on the check. I have talked to everyone at the bank and they refuse to refund my fees. I am going to take legal action if I can!! Let me know what is available for me to fight this!!!

clickmedical

This is not legal Advice!

You do have a point, if they will not let you cash a post dated cheque then why should they let someone cash yours? Ask them to produce copies of the cheques you sent out and ask why were they payed in before the date an honered?

Take care

Mark.

I am sorry to say that the bank is going to win this battle as it is against the law to write a post dated check. You are taking this chance every time you post date a check. With the banking industry today they are working towards have a fully automated check clearing system and will be able to clear checks within one day that they are written. Sorry that you are out the $300. Good Luck if you do try and take legal action though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back