Bank will not give me my money

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimples0374

I had an account with Chase that was closed. I received a letter on October 21st stating that my account would be closed in 10 days from the date of the letter which would be Nov 4th and that I would receive my funds in 5 business days after closing. I called on Nov 12 to verify my funds were sent and the rep said a check was mailed to me on Nov 5th. On Nov 13th, I received a letter from the bank dated Nov 6th to confirm my address change. I called the bank and asked if my check had been sent and now they were saying it was sent on Nov 6th. I asked if it came from the same location as the address change letter and they said yes. I hoped maybe I would receive my check the next day. On Nov 16th I called and wanted to make sure once again my check had been mailed. the rep now was telling my account wasn't closed but a check would be issued on Nov 17th. I asked to talk to a supervisor who then told me my account was not closed and there was not a check request to be issued. She then told me the letter I received was a standard letter and each account is dealt with on a case by case issue. I told her that I have not been notified of any changes and she told me they didn't have to and hung up on me. I have contacted the Executive office and nobody is giving me an answer. what can I do? that is my money and everything has cleared my account.

I am currently pursuing a degree in Finance and live in a mid-size market. Do firms hire people with work experience, but no investment/securities experience?

Getting your money From the bank

Write to the bank with a certified return letter asking for your funds and to close them account. if they don't comply take them to smalls claim court

I had an account with Chase that was closed. I received a letter on October 21st stating that my account would be closed in 10 days from the date of the letter which would be Nov 4th and that I would receive my funds in 5 business days after closing. I called on Nov 12 to verify my funds were sent and the rep said a check was mailed to me on Nov 5th. On Nov 13th, I received a letter from the bank dated Nov 6th to confirm my address change. I called the bank and asked if my check had been sent and now they were saying it was sent on Nov 6th. I asked if it came from the same location as the address change letter and they said yes. I hoped maybe I would receive my check the next day. On Nov 16th I called and wanted to make sure once again my check had been mailed. the rep now was telling my account wasn't closed but a check would be issued on Nov 17th. I asked to talk to a supervisor who then told me my account was not closed and there was not a check request to be issued. She then told me the letter I received was a standard letter and each account is dealt with on a case by case issue. I told her that I have not been notified of any changes and she told me they didn't have to and hung up on me. I have contacted the Executive office and nobody is giving me an answer. what can I do? that is my money and everything has cleared my account.

What is keeping you from walking into a banking center and closing the account yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back