Bank Shredded my house papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssheilmn

We recently took out a home equity loan at our bank. The bank asked for our morgage papers to our house. So we took this huge folder into them. They kept that folder for a month or so. After they discovered that they still had it they called us to have us pick it up. I went in about a week later to pick them up and the customer service lady told me that they shreaded the whole folder.
Do I have a case against this bank for destruction of personal property without my concent?

Last edited:
What are the actual and direct dollar amount of damages you suffered?

What are the actual and direct dollar amount of damages you suffered?

The money that we are out is not too much. The bank said that they would even order all replacements but...the thing is...we are really not sure what was in that folder. Our loan has been sold twice and we kept all of our W-2 forms, paycheck stubs everything pertaining to the house. The lady said that she shredded them but the proff is not there. If someone was to get a hold of that folder..they have the master key to everything on us...Huge worry is identity theft. Bottom line was she should have mailed the documents back to us. Not shredd them without even getting our concent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back