Bank Paycard refuses to provide available funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdgg

I went to the bank that the paycard was issued through to withdraw my money to deposit into my checking account. I was told the card was declined. I told the bank CS that my online statement showed $787.00 of my check was on the card so she called a phone# and verified this she hung up and tried to run it again. It was declined again and she said there was nothing she could do about it even though she had just verified the money was there. I stepped aside to the next counter and called the # on the card which was just another bank CS. She stated the card had expired and they would need to mail me a new one and this would take 7-10 day. I told her that was fine but I still needed my money today to eliminate NSF fees in my checking account. She said the only way I could access this account was with this card and I would need to wait on it. I told her I was standing in the bank that provided me with this paycard account and I was on the phone with her and she was cs for the same bank. I also spoke to a supervisor about this and I got nowhere. My card has an expiration date 09/10 and when I go and view my statement online it shows the card active and the expiration date 09/10. What rights do I have when the money belongs to me and is there anything I can do legally about the fees and charges I will receive from my checking account because they told me they were not responsible for them.

Is there a law that protects me from this bankcard keeping my paycheck from me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back