Bally Total Firness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone (let's call him "Bob") purchased this membership in the late 70s/early 80s. Let's say Bob was 25 at the time and lived to the age of 80. That would push us up to around 2035. Shortly before his death, Bob transfers his membership to his granddaughter Susan, who is 20. Susan lives until the age of 85, which takes us to the year 2100. Susan transfers the membership to her grandson David.... And so on....

I think the notion that a "lifetime" membership purchased in the late 70s/early 80s could be transferred thrice is more than a little suspect. You could end up with a single membership lasting for centuries.

In any event, you mentioned being "recompensed for all or a portion of [your] original membership fee," but you also told us that you were not the original member, so you didn't pay any "original membership fee." Presumably, you paid a fee to the original member, and you apparently did that over 35 years ago. You used the membership for a while and then stopped, and sometime after you stopped going, the company that originally sold the membership appears to be out of business.

Based on all that, I'm truly at a loss as to why you would think you might be entitled to anything from anyone.

As mentioned in my prior response, a club that used to be a Bally club might honor your membership to the extent of giving you some sort of incentive to purchase a membership at the new club. But the chances that anyone might have any obligation to you as a result of this are pretty well nil.

it's possibly that the debt was written off in one of their two bankruptcies too.... So don't get your hopes up that you will get more than "free enrollment" at any local fitness center.
There is an LA fitness center 40 miles from me. I called and they seemed willing to update my enrollment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back