Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial Bail Amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherofsix

I am anticipating being charged with forgery very soon. I did sign my ex husbands name to a loan for $6500.00 without his knowledge. Long story short he now knows and I am trying to pay it off. IF I can get it paid off in the next week, am I still facing forgery charges and if so, what do I expect the bond to be set at? I have never been in trouble for anything else ever! I have already been questioned by the local Sheriff. He is getting handwritting analysis paperwork from the KBI. He has asked me to submit to it when he receives it. Do I do that? I don't have money for an attorney. I will need a court appointed attorney. Can I get one of those before I am charged?

You will not likely be eligible for a court appointed attorney before you are charged. You should consider at least consulting an attorney before you do ANYTHING else.

You face some potentially serious felony charges, and even if you pay it off, the state can still pursue you for the offense(s).

Consult an attorney even if you have to take a real loan.

- Carl

What might I be facing?
That depends on what they say you did and the applicable laws in your state ... in mine this looks like it could be charged as fraud/forgery, grand theft, and burglary at the very least.

This is why you need to speak to an attorney. You can give the attorney the details and he or she can tel you what you might be looking at and how best to handle the matter.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back