bad new year start

Status
Not open for further replies.

familyguy123

the last week of dec. me and my wife decided to buy a family car. got to the dealer found the car of our dreams, traded in my old car and bought it cash (loan from the bank). the dealer got our insurance info (from the trade in car) which has full coverage and sent us home. everybody is happy. exactly one week later i got into an accident while on the job. a car ran a red light and hit me on the driver side causing my precious new car to spin out of control and turn on its side hitting another car while skidding along the pavement. it looks like it got totaled. i was injured and rushed to the hospital by an ambulance. the next day i decided to get some paralegal help so i called some famous, well advertised law office to handle my case. they asked me to call my insurance to have the new vehicle added to the policy and that's what i did. the agent from my insurance denied me because i am not the primary insurance policy holder but only an insured driver. and he said, for them to add the vehicle to the policy, the primary policy holder's name should be on the new vehicle purchase agreement. i was shocked to find out that i was driving a new car without insurance. the dealer should have caught that in the first place and we would have bought some type of insurance from them. i turned to my paralegal to ask for some advice on how to deal with this. i asked the assistant if it is possible to hold the dealer responsible she said no and it is my responsibility. it has been more than two weeks now and i don't see any progress nor them doing anything. it is starting to look like i am the one at fault and caused the accident. i owe $25000+ for my totaled car which i still pay monthly, i am injured, out from work and school, my paralegal's assistant told me that if nobody has insurance, most likely i am gonna pay for everything. on top of that, i could have my licence suspended for not having an insurance. i cannot afford to have my licence suspended because my work is field service. and most certainly i cannot afford to loose my job. i am feeling very depressed right now and it seems like everything is going against me. we bought the car for our 3 month old son so it is easier to go to places but now it is turning to be a nightmare. please, i need your legal expert opinion and advice. should i change my paralegal?

There is very little any lawyer can do for you now.

But try to get a lawyer that will help you settle all this so you can get it paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back