Bad Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor_Treece

My neighbor has rented his house to a family that feels the need to steal our water, newspaper, as well as harrass our dogs! They have lived there 3 weeks and already started giving the bird to other neighbors! The owners feel no need to keep the house up. There are shinles missing, weeds in the yard, peeling paint. The HOA does not seem to be doing anything because these conditions have been there for over a year. I would like to buy the house and fix it up. It would be a good investment I believe.

They once had the house on the market but they were asking what the house would be woth if it did not need $20,000 worth of repairs.

Is there anything I can do to put pressure on the owners to sell? Can I do anything to get them to sell at a fair price? What can the HOA do for me? What can their mortgage company do for me? Do I have any options?

You cannot force someone to sell their home. If the neighbors steal your property, then you have your remedies. If the neighbors don't have proper upkeep of their home then it is possible that a homeowner's association may provide relief if this is one of the areas that are covered.

Decide what you want to do. If you want to pursue your remedies with the HOA, write them a certified return receipt letter about the violations that have not been enforced. At the same time, don't expect your neighbor to sell the home to you after he finds out that you reported him.

Originally posted by Trevor Treece
My neighbor has rented his house to a family that feels the need to steal our water, newspaper, as well as harrass our dogs! They have lived there 3 weeks and already started giving the bird to other neighbors! The owners feel no need to keep the house up. There are shinles missing, weeds in the yard, peeling paint. The HOA does not seem to be doing anything because these conditions have been there for over a year. I would like to buy the house and fix it up. It would be a good investment I believe.

They once had the house on the market but they were asking what the house would be woth if it did not need $20,000 worth of repairs.

Is there anything I can do to put pressure on the owners to sell? Can I do anything to get them to sell at a fair price? What can the HOA do for me? What can their mortgage company do for me? Do I have any options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back