Bad Neighbor in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I live in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. I have this neighbor who is aggressive toward me in particular, and other neighbors as well. To make a long story short, he has done many
unprovoked acts of aggression toward me and other neighbors. When he uses his snowblower, he blows the snow on my home instead of down the driveway, causing denting and filth on my siding. I took pictures and called the PD, and they didn't do anything. He also blows the leaves from his yard into my yard.

He also picks up any litter in his yard and throws it into my yard. I got fed up and purchased a DropCam (camera) last week, and caught him on camera and video throwing litter into my yard. He noticed the camera the day after that event and called the cops who made me move the camera because "It could potentially see into his windows, etc". Despite the fact that I showed the officers the clip of him DELIBERATELY throwing trash into my yard, he was only "warned".

Where do I go from here? Im sick of his bullying. Should I invest hundreds of dollars in an outdoor camera system to catch him on film again to potentially only have him "warned"?

Right now its looking to me as if the cops don't care or have no teeth at all. I am seriously just considering throwing what he throws on my property back on his property.

And yes, I am "borrowing' the home from the bank for the next 27 years, so moving is not an option.

I should also add that the PD has been called before about his throwing litter into my yard. I know they have it on record. I was told previously I had no proof. That is why I purchased the camera. So I got them the proof they needed.....and all he gets is a "warning"?

Do what I do, IGNORE what he does, PRETEND he doesn't exist.

It works for kids and their pretend friends.

It works for adults with their pretend enemies.

The law doesn't care about this nonsense, unles guns, knives, bombs, or rocket launchers are involved; nothing the cops can do, either.

Just close your eyes, wish him gone, and pretend he never existed.

Try it.

That's awfully hard to do when I come home from work and have to spend the next 20 minutes cleaning up various forms of garbage he throws in my yard. If there is nothing the law can do, despite video and photo evidence, then what is the point of litter laws? So if the law doesn't care, I should just throw it back in his yard then?

That's awfully hard to do when I come home from work and have to spend the next 20 minutes cleaning up various forms of garbage he throws in my yard. If there is nothing the law can do, despite video and photo evidence, then what is the point of litter laws? So if the law doesn't care, I should just throw it back in his yard then?

you're going to do what you want to do.
I'm just some anonymous dummy on the 'net.
All I can say is OBEY ALL LAWS.

If you break laws, you'll get what others don't.

Ignoring demons and devils make them powerless over you.

OBEYING the law allows you to remain FREE and PRODUCTIVE.

There is really not much more that you can do than contact the police which you have already done. (short of moving which you indicate is not an option)

Thanks for the serious replies here anyway. Sorry, not going to spend tens of thousands of dollars to put up a privacy fence because of an idiot neighbor. Short of putting up a completely enclosed 25ft high privacy fence, complete with a moat and alligators, he would just throw trash/litter over it anyway. His harassment has seemed to stop now, because he knows he could be caught on camera at any given moment. Time will tell.

All I can say is the best of luck to you - let's hope he has stopped. Maybe the cameras are helping.

Two weeks later, and the harassment has completely stopped. I guess he got the message, behave, you could be caught on camera at any given time. It is a shame it cost me a couple hundred dollars, but its worth it. I no longer have to come home 2 or 3 days a week to various items of litter in my yard and on my roof.

Yep, probably worth the money for the peace of mind & less stress. (& no litter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back