Bad Checks...Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevdie

I live in the state of Kansas. I have wriiten three bad checks this summer and have now been in the financial situation to pay them off...but I am scared. I have not heard from the creditors in months and I am afraid of going to jail. How do I find out if I have a warrant out for my arrest? Should I just mail the payment without contacting them, would that keep me from being arrested? Should I contact them first, or will that cause them to have me arrested? I am very scared of going to jail over bad checks and just want to pay them off...what should I do? What is the best thing to do to avoid going to jail or being arrested? If I do have a warrant for bad checks is there any way I can resolve this matter without being taken into custody or going to jail? PLEASE let me know!! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Your best bet would be to contact the creditors and make a payment plan. By now you will have added late fees and the cost will be more than the original amount. The only way to find out if there is a warrent for your arrest is to call the police station. Better you call and straighten it out than for them to pull you over for a traffic stop and get hauled off to jail.

Thanks. I did call two of the three stores and they said it was fine for me to pay them on Friday. I also asked if they turned anything over to the DA office and they both said no and that they had not even filed suit yet...so that was a relief. I am very scared of Walmart though. Someone told me that they were arrested in 1995 for writing a $23 check....my check was for MUCH more than that!! So I am very afraid to call, but I will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back