Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Bad Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayli

We live in North Dakota and my boyfriend wrote a bad check for $530 in October of 2007 and got a DUI in December, which he is still on probation for. If he pays off a least half will that help and whats the max that the judge can give him, because the judge has been known to be very very strict. Also he works 7 pm to 7 am will they give him work release for that or does he have other options??

First and foremost, has he been formally charged with writing the bad check? If so, is he incarcerated? Only going on the details you've given, I have to say that if he can offer to pay it back in payments, the store/business will typically not prosecute. They just want their money. If he has been charged, then he will need to make that clear to the State/District Attorney. However, it shouldn't violate his probation, but it will probably result in additionally sanctions against him. Jail time is a possibility, and the ability of work release will be decided by his security classification at whichever institution he serves his time. If they feel he is a good candidate, then it could be a possibility. But I know that that is NOT an overnight process, it could take weeks or even months, depending on the jails internal policies and procedures. Give us some more details, and we can help a little better....God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back