Business Debt, Collections Bad Check Restitution Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seejay123

Hello -

I received a letter from the Santa Clara CA District Attorney's "Bad Check Restitution Program" concerning two returned checks to CVS Pharmacy totalling $37.03. I was unemployed and accept responsibility for the funds not being there, however, they're requiring - in addition to returned check fees - an $170 charge for a class I have to take.

I'm willing and able to pay the money and fees to CVS for the returned checks at this time, since I've been working recently. But can I avoid the additional payment and class? Can I get this organization off me for what amounts to $37, and just deal with CVS? Thanks in advance.

Apparently they have made it a condition of your charges or in lieu of pressing charges. It is designed to teach you a lesson.

Hello -

I received a letter from the Santa Clara CA District Attorney's "Bad Check Restitution Program" concerning two returned checks to CVS Pharmacy totalling $37.03.
I'm willing and able to pay the money and fees to CVS for the returned checks at this time, since I've been working recently. But can I avoid the additional payment and class?

Can I get this organization off me for what amounts to $37, and just deal with CVS? Thanks in advance.

You can try. When you made them your counteroffer, what response did you receive?

Oh, I see, you haven't asked them.

I suggest you ask the horse's head, not his hind end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back